top of page
Upcoming Events & Programs
- Sat, Jun 17San FranciscoA Free Public Program Featuring Berit Potter. Potter's lecture will explore Ryan’s role as a champion of local artists and how she encouraged audiences to look at modern art in new ways.
Previous Events & Programs
- May 20, 10:30 AMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms #111, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAPlease join Philip Jett at the Treasure Island Museum for the premiere of his newest book, "Stranded in the Sky"!
- Sat 13 May13SatMayOrgan Concert with Jerry Nagano at Treasure Island MuseumMay 13, 2:00 PMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms #111, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAThe Treasure Island Museum and the Treasure Island Yacht Club is proud to present an afternoon concert of Hammond organ music performed by Jerry Nagano. Free to the public!
- Sat 18 Mar18SatMarDudley Carter: Diego Rivera’s Man With an Axe, Times ThreeMar 18, 10:30 AM – 1:00 PMSan Francisco, 1 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAJoin TIM for a special screening of award-winning documentary Dudley Carter, and Q+A with filmmaker Abby Sher!
- Sat 18 Feb18SatFebReturn to the Magic City: Dance on Treasure Island!Feb 18, 6:30 PM – 10:00 PMIn the lobby of historic Building One, 1 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAJoin us for a special Treasure Island Swing Dance in Building One, sponsored by the Treasure Island Museum. Music by the Nick Rossi Swing Six! Celebrate the anniversary of opening day of the Golden Gate International Exposition on Treasure Island--February 18, 1939!
- Sun 08 Jan08SunJanNew Year Organ Concert Celebration!Jan 08, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, USACelebrate the New Year with a free organ concert on Treasure Island! Featuring the Hammond Organ from TI's Navy Officer's Club and performer Jerry Nagano.
- Sat 08 Oct08SatOctFrom Arrival to departure: US Navy in the Bay AreaOct 08, 2022, 10:30 AMZoomLearn about the United States Navy’s presence in the San Francisco Bay Area for 154 years, beginning with the first navy base on the Pacific Coast, located on the barren Mare Island in the North Bay in 1854!
- Sep 17, 2022, 10:30 AM – Sep 18, 2022, 5:00 PMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms #111, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAJoin us for a celebration of our recent expansion with a brand new exhibit, “You Are Here: The Story of Treasure Island,” featuring a new timeline of the history of Treasure Island and remarkable Treasures associated with the island’s history.
- Jun 25, 2022, 10:30 AMSan Francisco, 1 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, USATreasured Stories: Treasure Island Oral Histories 1997-Present highlights the work and experiences of those who have made the island a refuge for positive change.
- Sat 11 Jun11SatJunDoors Open California: An insider visit to Treasure Island!Jun 11, 2022, 10:00 AM – Jun 12, 2022, 4:00 PMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms #111, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAJoin us for an unprecedented opportunity to learn about Treasure Island through special presentations and a self-guided tour. Explore places off the beaten path and meet field experts, and tour guides!
- Sat 21 May21SatMayCavalcade of Cavalcades! Performing Arts at the GGIEMay 21, 2022, 10:30 AMTreasure Island MuseumThe GGIE showcased mainstream stars, nostalgic favorites, and timeless classics. Explore the process of developing a small thematic museum exhibit and the interesting stories that accompanied it.
- Sat 30 Apr30SatAprSecrets of Sea ChanteysApr 30, 2022, 10:30 AMTreasure Island MuseumTreasure Island's pirate history is as artificial as the island itself, but that never ruined anyone's fun! It gave the Golden Gate International Exposition’s creative publicists a hook to hang the pirate theme on, and an excuse to hire "pirate girls" to promote the fair.
- Sat 16 Apr16SatAprDance the Night Away! 1939-1940 Swing Dance Party & CeremonyApr 16, 2022, 6:30 PMTreasure Island Museum, 1 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, USAJoin us for a celebration of the anniversary of the 1939 Golden Gate International Exposition with a Swing Dance Party and live music from Mike Young's Mood Swing Orchestra!
- Sat 26 Mar26SatMarExploring Science Through the Lens of SailingMar 26, 2022, 10:30 AM PDTTreasure Island MuseumSpeaker: Jim Hancock If you’ve been to Treasure Island, you’ve personally experienced the physics of wind, and maybe the waves as well. The Sailing Science Center (SSC) is working to teach science using these forces, and create an interactive museum framed around sailing.
- Feb 19, 2022, 10:30 AMZoom presentationSpeaker: Anne Schnoebelen Known as “San Francisco’s Artist Laureate” throughout his lifetime, Antonio Sotomayor was a celebrated artist in many media, and an author. If you are a San Francisco gadabout, you have probably seen one of his creations without really trying.
- Sat 29 Jan29SatJanFrom Island to Land: Jo Mora’s Creative Trail in the Bay AreaJan 29, 2022, 10:30 AM PSTZoom PresentationSpeaker: Peter Hiller The astonishingly versatile artist, writer and photographer Jo Mora left a trail of creativity throughout California, including - fleetingly - on Treasure Island.
- Nov 13, 2021, 10:30 AMZoom PresentationSpeaker: David Smith Yes, prehistoric animals—including dinosaurs—were seen on Treasure Island by visitors to the Golden Gate International Exposition in 1939 and 1940. The creatures were the creations of sculptor William Gordon Huff.
- Oct 23, 2021, 10:30 AMZoom PresentationSpeaker: Mike Weedall Racial prejudice against Asians is, unfortunately, not unique to today. Prejudice against Japanese-Americans was never more virulent than during and immediately after World War II, and few suffered more from it than Iva Toguri, who was tried in San Francisco for treason.
- Sep 25, 2021, 10:30 AMZoom PresentationSpeaker: Dilip Trivedi, Dr.Eng., P.E. How can the Bay Area fend off rising sea levels along its long shoreline in years to come? Learn about the development of Treasure Island and the long and exacting process aimed at keeping future residents above water.
bottom of page